The main goal of the leadership development activities of HELA would be to equip HE leaders and administrators to competently and efficiently handle the complex problems and leadership challenges that arise in the academic, financial and administrative aspects of the functioning of their respective institutions, so that they are able to lead and manage institutions of higher learning in a more effective manner.
The specific objectives of the leadership development programmes would be to:
- Adapt leadership and management practices to changing world of work.
- Identify positive and negative examples of leadership and management practices
- Address common leadership and management challenges.
- Develop critical leadership competencies and skills for effective organizational efficiency.
- Develop interpersonal competencies, improve organizational effectiveness and develop personal characteristics for leaders and administrators.
- To lead and support the diverse workforce, promote team work and create positive working relationship throughout the institution, improve staff performance and efficiency, improve work processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the organization, use creativity and innovation to meet current and future leadership challenges.
- Develop critical thinking, judgment and problem solving abilities